Well, I've been sick unfortunately for a few weeks and it has delayed my crafting time. However, last week I made this nifty bookmark and I thought I would share it will you all! I had been reading "Evolutionary Witchcraft by T. Thorn Coyle (which is a wonderful book by the way) and found a really great sentence that I had to put on the book mark. ****If you want to know how I made it, the instructions are below the pictures.****
It says: " Holy Mother, in whom we live, move, and have our being, from you all things emerge and unto you all things return." by T. Thorn Coyle from the book Evolutionary Witchcraft.
1. Cut a piece of *thick* canvas cloth into a rectangle. 6 and 1/2 inches tall by 3 inches wide
2. Taking the edge of the canvas cloth pluck a single loose strand and pull down. This creates a shredded edge. Keep doing this on all the sides until desired fringe is achieved.
3. Get Elmers Glue, then with a wide paint brush apply several layers on the canvas. Basically your trying to rid of the bumps on the canvas to make it easier to write on.
4. Once the glue is completely dry and your favorite Goddess/ Pagan/ Witchy saying using a pen that is NOT ball point.
5. Once you wrote down the saying, then paint the canvas cloth using water color paint. ( Don't forget to paint the back too.) Try to not get the words very wet to avoid any running/erasing.
6. Cut a ribbon in two pieces the length of the top (I used a thin gold ribbon) and glue to the top and bottom of the bookmark.
7. Using very thick paper, cut out a small crescent moon and with silver paint or silver ink, paint the crescent and glue to the top below the ribbon.
8. If you have any dried flowers paste it to the bottom using Elmers glue then add several layers to the top of the plant.
9. That's it, your done! Lot's of steps for a bookmark huh?